Thinking about expanding your family with a new pet? From companionship to health benefits, there are a number of reasons to consider adopting a furry friend. Find out why you should adopt a pet with the professionals at The Rescue Vets! Then, if you’re ready to take the next step with adoption, check out our adoptable animals!
Benefits of Having a Pet
Adopting a pet has been proven to have several benefits for owners. Check out the following returns you can experience from adopting a pet from Rescue Vets:
- Companionship: Having a loving pet to come home to can brighten your day.
- Stress: Petting an animal can help reduce stress, which is the cause of various health-related problems.
- Increased Fitness: Taking your dog for a walk helps you get exercise as well.
- Teaching Responsibility: Studies have shown that kids with pets grow up to be more responsible adults.
Why Should You Adopt a Pet from The Rescue Vets?
When you choose to adopt a pet from The Rescue Vets, you get to experience all of the benefits above and more! Why should you adopt a pet from an animal shelter like The Rescue Vets? For the following:
- Initial Cost: Adopting a pet from an animal shelter is often much more affordable than purchasing a pet.
- Vet Expenses: Animals from a shelter also usually come spayed or neutered, have had their shots, and are microchipped -saving you hundreds of dollars at the vet.
- Variety: Whether you’re interested in rescuing a cat, a dog, or maybe another type of pet, you can find a new companion who’s ready for all your love!
- Animal Matching: At The Rescue Vets, we’re dedicated to making successful pet pairings. We’ll help you go home with a pet that will fit your current family and lifestyle.
Why Should You Adopt Instead of Buy a Pet?
Even with the above reasons, it can be tempting to cave to that cute face in your local pet store’s window. So, why should you adopt instead of buying a pet? Here are some other reasons to reconsider the pet store:
- Saving a Life: According to the Humane Society, over 2.7 million cats and dogs are euthanized every year. Adopting a pet saves it from this fate and doesn’t encourage more breeding to continue this cycle.
- Bad Breeders: Puppy mills keep the parents in cages with little human contact where they are bred repeatedly to produce as many animals as possible. Once they’re done producing, they may be euthanized or abandoned.
- Health Issues: Puppy mills and bad breeding practices can lead to animals that have underlying health issues.
Start Your Adoption Journey Today With The Rescue Vets!
Now that you’ve learned more about the personal rewards of adopting a pet from The Rescue Vets, learn more about the adoption process for dogs and cats. Then, if you have any questions about adopting or our adoptable animals, reach out to us at The Rescue Vets today!